At Mumby’s we are extremely proud of all our compassionate care staff in Oxfordshire and the surrounding counties. Our carers support and empower your loved one to stay independent at home. The build strong relationships with our clients built on respect, honesty and trust.
We look after our live-in carers so they can concentrate on looking after you
Mumby’s has an exceptionally high retention rate for staff because they are well-trained and well-treated with continual professional training including relevant NVQs and diplomas in care. Ann Mumby was originally a registered nurse and has extensive experience in home care. Ann’s husband Trevor is a University-qualified Psychiatric Social Worker. Together, Ann and Trevor have developed a comprehensive recruitment and training process that emphasises professionalism, expertise and qualifications.
Extensive carer training
We are aware that opening your home to a stranger who you will be relying on to provide care and support is a huge leap of faith and can be a very daunting thought. So, we aim to remove that initial level of concern by screening our live-in carers very carefully through pre-employment interviews and reference checks. Mandatory clear DBS police checks are required and reviewed for all Mumby’s employees before they begin the process of being trained by us. During training we ensure our carers share our values of respect and dignity.
Mumby’s recruitment and training process
- Application form and interviews
- Recruiting care-workers with the right values
- Minimum two references
- Fully enhanced DBS check
- Five-day residential induction process
- Training in dignity and respect, safeguarding, moving and handling, first aid, fire safety, medicines administration, food hygiene and infection control
- Training on the mental capacity act (MCA)
- Client confidentiality and privacy statements
- Shadowing experienced colleagues
- Management team sign off as competent to provide care
- Understanding and completing detailed care plans
- Dementia training
- Nurse training on minor medical procedures
- Spot checks by senior staff
- Regular one to one supervision meetings
- Annual appraisals
The perfect carer and client match
You can rest assured that our experienced team are dedicated and committed to supporting you and your family through this transition. They offer you carefully selected carers for you to choose from. You can view our carer profiles that include their background and experience, their interests and personality, and their picture. All our Live-in carers are introduced to clients before they start working with them and if an issue arises, we will be quick to deal with it.