Mumby’s Outstanding Dementia Care at Home
For care that really looks after your loved one
We know how upsetting, worrying and stressful it can be when supporting someone close who is suffering from dementia. As the main care provider, you may also be struggling to cope and it is difficult to know what is the best care for your loved one and yourself.
Our dementia live-in care can make a real difference. It can help your loved one to live independently and continue their familiar routines but with skilled live-in support to hand for safety and reassurance when needed.
Your loved one can continue to enjoy living in the comfort of their own home, surrounded by their precious and comforting memories. They can get up and have breakfast when they want and they can enjoy their favourite pastimes and see their friends and family as and when they desire. A caring and connecting relationship is built with one of our dementia trained live-in carers providing reliable and constant companionship and assistance.
One-to-one live-in care support in your loved one’s own home is a huge benefit. What could be a better solution?
Benefits of dementia care at home
- Care in the comfort, familiarity and safety of your loved one’s own home. Dementia live-in care offers a calmer environment compared to a noisy care home.
- Less confusion and disruption as your loved one receives care in the familiar and secure surroundings of their own home. Any daily routines such as meal and bedtimes are maintained, rather than adapted to fit into a standard routine schedule.
- Happy and precious memories surround and comfort your loved one.
- Your loved one is more stimulated by living an independent life and this can slow the progression of dementia. Live-in carers can engage in and encourage sensory and physical activities.
- 1:1 support if your loved one has sleep problems. Carer stimulation in the day can improve their sleep patterns.
- Socialising is effortless. Your loved one can enjoy activities together with a live-in carer companion such as gardening, playing games, making crafts and watching television. Friends and family can regularly visit easily as normal and the carer takes your loved one to social activities.
- Assistance with daily tasks including shopping and cooking nutritious meals, ensuring medications are taken when they should be, and ironing and cleaning.
- Live-in carer keeps a watchful eye on your loved one with less risk of falls. Reassurance for the family who can relax and live their own life.
Why Choose Mumby’s Dementia Care at Home
- Outstanding regulated care – rated Outstanding by the CQC.
- Specialists – Mumby’s specialise in Live-in care. We are experts and highly experienced in this type of care.
- 100% recommended – 100% of our clients who have reviewed us, say they are extremely likely to recommend us.
- 1:1 bespoke advice by a dementia expert – offered by Trevor Mumby, our very own psychoanalyst and counsellor, author of a number of dementia support publications, and a trainer for multiple care agencies. Trevor visits each client’s home and provides information and guidance for the carers and the families.
- First-rate dementia training – all Mumby’s carer staff receive outstanding and specialist care training on how to live with a client who suffers from dementia. Trevor Mumby delivers the training and brings his wealth of specialist knowledge in dementia care.
- Recruit and retain high-calibre staff – fully checked and professionally trained carer staff.
- Carefully matched carers and clients – to provide the best care for your loved one.
- Family-run – the core value of always putting people first reverberates throughout the business to provide high-quality bespoke and personal care.
- Fully managed dementia care – we look after all the employment responsibilities of your carer and we are highly responsive so you will never be left without the support of a live-in carer.
Cost of dementia live-in care
The weekly cost of dementia live-in care at Mumby’s is based on the needs of your loved one. We will conduct a thorough assessment of the care support they require, without obligation. With a full understanding of your loved one’s needs, we will confirm an inclusive weekly fee.
In the South East of England, the cost of live-in care is typically comparable to or sometimes cheaper than nursing home fees. But nursing home fees often largely cover hotel-type services such as accommodation, food, water and amenities. Yet with live-in care, the cost of dementia live-in care goes directly on the 1:1 care service and support your loved one needs.
Our friendly team are available for a chat. Contact us to find out how Mumby’s can help your loved one.