Customer Care Charter
Our customer care charter sets out how we achieve our exceptional quality.
Not all home-care providers are regulated, or have to be. Mumby’s is regulated by the CQC (Care Quality Commission) the independent regulator of health and social care in England. CQC make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care by looking at five areas in all the services they inspect;
- Are they safe?
– You (the client) are protected from abuse and avoidable harm
- Are they effective?
– Your care, treatment and support achieves good outcomes, helps you to maintain quality of life and is based on the best available evidence
- Are they caring?
– Staff involve and treat you with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect
- Are they responsive to people’s needs?
– Services are organised so that they meet your needs
- Are they well led?
– Leadership, management and governance of the organisation should all make sure it is providing high-quality care that’s based around your individual needs, encourages learning and innovation, and that it promotes an open and fair culture.
CQC publish their findings and give each provider a performance rating that by law care providers have to display somewhere that people who use their services can easily see them including a website if they have one.
In the latest CQC report Mumby’s was rated Good on all five inspection areas.
To ensure we are providing high-levels of care we recruit, train and retain professional carers who share our dedication to exceptional customer care. Mumby’s has a rigorous selection and training process that continues to develop all our staff. Read more about our carers
Mumby’s are members of the Live-in Care Hub (www.liveincarehub.co.uk) a not-for-profit organisation, committed to raising the quality of care in the UK by giving people the opportunity to be cared for at home. As the experts in live-in care, the hub is there to guide families through their options in an honest, impartial way. Founded in 2013, all their care providers are members of the United Kingdom Homecare Association.
Dedication to choice and dignity
Mumby’s offers live-in care because it is proven to be the best option when it comes to maintaining our client’s levels of choice and dignity. Not only are clients living in their own homes, they are able to continue their social activities, choose when to have their meals, get dressed, go to the bathroom, go out or simply when they would like a cup of tea.
We listen to client’s preferences and respect their choices when it comes to the type of carer they would prefer.
By supporting our client’s needs and caring for them in their own homes we feel they retain their pride and dignity which can be overlooked in a institution such as a care home. All our carers are trained in the MCA which is designed to protect and empower individuals who may lack the mental capacity to make their own decisions about their care and treatment.
Continued quality commitment
Mumby’s is committed to maintaining and improving the quality of care provided to our clients
- Annual client surveys to gather feedback and improve our services
- Annual staff surveys to improve conditions and development opportunities for our staff
- Senior management spot checks to ensure all standards of care are being met
- Working cooperatively with families
- A clear complaint policy with processes and timescales
- Back-up services and plans to ensure a consistency of care for our clients
- Updating policies and procedures in-line with legal and regulatory requirements
- Accessible 24/7 for all clients, staff and family
Contact us today
0800 505 3511
If you would like more information on our live-in service or have any questions and would like to speak to someone in confidence, please click below.
Our Family looking after your family
Joel Mumby – Operations Director
My role as operations manager is to ensure the daily running of the company is up to the standards we set ourselves as well as those set by CQC. Since Mumby’s inception we have maintained one of the highest standards of care set by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We have grown our care team, developing the skills and knowledge to support our family focused company ethos. I am proud to be part of a company that strives to deliver such a high level of care.