Our customer care charter sets out how we achieve our exceptional quality.
Not all home-care providers are regulated, or have to be. Mumby’s is regulated by the CQC (Care Quality Commission) the independent regulator of health and social care in England. CQC make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care by looking at five areas in all the services they inspect;
Are they safe?
– You (the client) are protected from abuse and avoidable harm
Are they effective?
– Your care, treatment and support achieves good outcomes, helps you to maintain quality of life and is based on the best available evidence
Are they caring?
– Staff involve and treat you with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect
Are they responsive to people’s needs?
– Services are organised so that they meet your needs
Are they well-led?
– Leadership, management and governance of the organisation should all make sure it is providing high-quality care that’s based around your individual needs, encourages learning and innovation, and that it promotes an open and fair culture.
CQC publish their findings and give each provider a performance rating that by law care providers have to display somewhere that people who use their services can easily see them including a website if they have one.
CQC Outstanding rating means the Care Agency is performing exceptionally well.
In the latest CQC report Mumby’s was rated Outstanding.
Download the report on Mumby’s here
To ensure we are providing high-levels of care we recruit, train and retain professional carers who share our dedication to exceptional customer care. Mumby’s has a rigorous selection and training process that continues to develop all our staff. Read more about our carers
Mumby’s are members of the Live-in Care Hub a not-for-profit organisation, committed to raising the quality of care in the UK by giving people the opportunity to be cared for at home. As the experts in live-in care, the hub is there to guide families through their options in an honest, impartial way. Founded in 2013, all their care providers are members of the United Kingdom Homecare Association.
Dedication to choice and dignity
Mumby’s offers live-in care because it is proven to be the best option when it comes to maintaining our client’s levels of choice and dignity. Not only are clients living in their own homes, but they are also able to continue their social activities, choose when to have their meals, get dressed, go to the bathroom, go out or simply when they would like a cup of tea.
We listen to our client’s preferences and respect their choices when it comes to the type of carer they would prefer.
By supporting our client’s needs and caring for them in their own homes we feel they retain their pride and dignity which can be overlooked in an institution such as a care home. All our carers are trained in the MCA which is designed to protect and empower individuals who may lack the mental capacity to make their own decisions about their care and treatment.
Continued quality commitment
Mumby’s is committed to maintaining and improving the quality of care provided to our clients
- Annual client surveys to gather feedback and improve our services
- Annual staff surveys to improve conditions and development opportunities for our staff
- Senior management spot checks to ensure all standards of care are being met
- Working cooperatively with families
- A clear complaint policy with processes and timescales
- Back-up services and plans to ensure consistency of care for our clients
- Updating policies and procedures in-line with legal and regulatory requirements
- Accessible 24/7 for all clients, staff and family