For care that keeps your loved one as safe and happy as they can be
Our team at Mumby’s understand the emotional, social, medical and physical challenges of your loved one living with a diagnosis of ms. We know that they will want to continue to live the lifestyle they want in the comfort and familiarity of their own homes.
Mumby’s MS live-in care will provide the support your loved one needs to live an independent and fulfilling life in their own home.
Our expertly trained and experienced live in carers provide multiple sclerosis support that is tailored to your loved ones needs, desires and interests. They get to know and understand your loved one and offer care, companionship and assistance as needed. Our fully managed and regulated live-in service provides reassurance for the family.
Benefits of Multiple Sclerosis Care at Home
A live-in carer will help your loved one with their daily tasks including:
- Managing and administering medications – our carers are professionally trained in medications management. Furthermore, they will also collect prescriptions from the pharmacy.
- Safe mobility – advice and guidance for household adaptations to minimise falls in and around the home.
- Discreet personal hygiene – sensitive to continence care considerations.
- Household chores – light cleaning, grocery shopping and cooking nutritious meals.
- Companionship – as needed whilst respecting privacy, A live-in carer can provide emotional support and enjoy time together.
- Facilitating social arrangements and trips – a live-in carer understands the importance of keeping connections with friends and the local community.
- Caring for your much-loved pet – a carer will happily feed pets and take dogs for regular walks.
Why Choose Mumby’s Multiple Sclerosis Care at Home
- Outstanding regulated care – rated Outstanding by the CQC
- Specialists – Mumby’s specialise in Live-in care. We are highly experienced with expertise in this type of care.
- 100% recommended – 100% of our clients who have reviewed us, say they are extremely likely to recommend us.
- First rate training – all Mumby’s carer staff receive outstanding and specialist care training.
- Recruit and retain high-calibre staff – fully checked and professionally trained carer staff.
- Carefully matched carers and clients – to provide the best care for your loved one.
- Family run – the core value of always putting people first reverberates throughout Mumby’s.
- Fully managed – we look after all the employment responsibilities of your carer and we are highly responsive so you will never be left without the support of a live-in carer.
Cost of Multiple Sclerosis Live-in Care
The weekly cost of ms live-in care at Mumby’s is based on the needs of your loved one. We will conduct a thorough assessment of the care support they require, without obligation. With a full understanding of the most suitable ms live-in care for your loved one, we will confirm an inclusive weekly fee without any add-ons for extra services.
The cost of live-in care is often more affordable than you might think. Most importantly you pay for the care you receive and not hotel-type services such as accommodation, food, water and amenities.
Our team of care advisors are here to talk through the options for multiple sclerosis care at home and how we can help you or your loved one.
Client Simon and Carer Danni
Danny knows Simon so well she knows what he wants sometimes before he even asks for it. Danny takes him for the weekly food shop and he decides what she will cook for him every day. When Danny if off, Mumby’s provide an alternative carer who Simon knows and has had before so it is not a stressful process for him.
“Having a fulltime carer for Simon is absolutely marvellous. Simon is able to stay in his own home which he wouldn’t otherwise be able to do…No one really takes the place of Danny because they are comfortable with each other, I know Mumby’s do take care to make sure they are, and we appreciate it as his parents.”
“At this stage it is possible for Simon to have a life. He is able to get into a car so we can go to the MS centre and do his exercises and physiotherapy, go shopping or any time when the weather is nice to go out to have lunch in the coffee shops”.