Mumby’s Outstanding Elderly Care at Home
Personal Live-in Care to support your loved one so they can stay in the comfort of their own home
Mumby’s live-in elderly care offers a reliable, expert and friendly solution to your ageing parent’s care needs in the familiarity of their home.
We understand how difficult it is to see your parents getting older and frailer. Everyday activities become more difficult. Eventually, care is needed to keep them safe and help with their daily lives.
Often sons and daughters take on this role initially. As time goes on the commitment and amount of care your parent needs increases. At this point, a more permanent and manageable arrangement is required for all of the family.
With suitable elderly care in place, you regain the chance to spend quality time with your Mum, Dad or both parents. In addition, you will have the reassurance that a carefully selected live-in carer is always there to support and help your parent to live independently.
Live-in Care Key Features
- Consistent one-to-one care and companionship
- In the familiarity and comfort of your home
- Flexible and personalised care plan with specialised care options
- Round-the-clock (24/7) for peace of mind
- A vetted carer you can trust
- Carer matched to your needs, personality and interests
- More affordable than you think
- A truly personal service
- Protects independence, dignity and choice
- Preserves family life and pet ownership
- Supports relationships and pastimes in your local community
- Gets the chores done
What can elder live in care help with?
- Light domestic duties
- Help with reading, writing letters and organising mail
- Support on social outings, and arranging, reminding and attending appointments
- Looking after pets
- Menu planning, shopping, preparing nutritious meals and assistance with eating
- Personal care/grooming
- Medication administration
- Mobility assistance
- Continence assistance
- Care of high dependency conditions
- Dementia care and other conditions that require live-in care
Live-in care or residential care home for elderly care
For many years, the default care option for the long term, round-the-clock care has been residential or nursing home care. However, care home costs are often funded by the sale of the much-loved family home.
Care homes are generally geared up to support the elderly who have greater support needs. Carers and nurses work a rota. Residents have their own bedrooms and bathrooms and share communal areas with other residents. Meals, housekeeping and personal care are provided. A care home provides a secure and monitored environment and supervision of healthcare needs.
Live-in care is an alternative elderly care option that addresses the desire of many elderly people to stay in their own home. A recent survey found that 97% of people want to stay in our homes when we get older and do not want to move into institutional care.
Live-in carers are medically trained and able to offer one-to-one support around the clock. They fit their schedule around your loved one’s needs to promote independence. A live-in carer provides companionship, daily routine support, helps prepare meals and keep the house tidy, and allows couples to stay together. In addition, your loved one receives care in the familiarity and comfort of their home, so there is no upheaval and no need to move home.
Benefits of live-in elderly care
- A friendly, constant and trustworthy face.
- Someone who can really get to know and care for your loved one. Often our carers become good friends with our clients.
- Flexible support to share hobbies and interests. A live-in carer can encourage, join in with and stimulate activities including gardening, cooking, crafts, music, playing games and solving crosswords.
- Boosts happiness and wellbeing.
- Extra security at home.
- Reassurance and support for the family.
- Retain independence in the safe and familiar environment of home.
- An escort to social events and appointments.
- Help with daily tasks, such as cleaning and housework, running errands or walking the dog.
- Care tailored to suit individual needs when it is needed.
Why choose Mumby’s elderly care
- Outstanding regulated care – rated Outstanding by the CQC.
- Live-in care specialists – we are experts and highly experienced in this type of care.
- 100% recommended – 100% of our client reviews say they are extremely likely to recommend us.
- First-rate carer training – all Mumby’s live-in carer staff receive outstanding and specialist care training.
- Recruit and retain high-calibre staff – fully checked and professionally trained carer staff.
- Carefully matched carers and clients – to provide the best care.
- Family-run business – our core value of always putting people first reverberates throughout Mumby’s so we provide high-quality and personal care.
- Fully managed elderly live in care – we look after all the employment responsibilities of your carer. Moreover, we are highly responsive so you are never without the support of a live-in carer.
Elderly care costs
Elderly care needs vary from person to person. We conduct a thorough assessment of the elder live in care you require, without obligation. With a full understanding of your requirements, we confirm an inclusive weekly fee. Our inclusive fees mean you won’t lose track of costs and they won’t escalate with add-ons.
Our friendly team are available for a chat. Contact us to find out how Mumby’s can help you and your loved one.