The benefits of live-in care
There are obvious and more complex benefits to live-in care for both the client and their families including;
- Remaining in your home
- Spending your day as you please
- Continuing your daily routine and social activities
- Having a chaperone for appointments
- Home cooked meals (your choice of meals)
- Keeping your pets with you
- 24/7 one-to-one care
- Specialist care if needed
- Couples stay together
- Proven to improve health outcomes
- Boosts well-being and happiness levels.
- Less caring responsibility and more quality family time
- Peace of mind for the family
This service introduces live-in carers who undergo a rigorous recruitment process including
- in-depth interview, either face to face or via skype or similar, by our recruitment manager and a care manager.
- Assess oral and written English skills
- ID verification
- Three references are obtained and verified as authentic
- Any training on CV supported by signed certificates
- Enhances DBS obtained
- Overseas police check requested if appropriate
- Hobbies and interests of candidate discussed
- A professional member of our team will take your enquiry
- An in-depth conversation will enable us to ascertain the level and cost of care your loved one may need
- If appropriate a home assessment visit can be offered (the assessment cost will be confirmed before the visit)
- You will complete and return our registration form
- Using the information gathered our team will send profiles of suitably matched carers
- A start date is agreed when both parties are happy to proceed
- Travel arrangements are made between client and carer
- Our professional team will remain in contact with client and/or advocate to ensure continuity of care
We ask for a one-off registration fee.
There are two weekly costs with the introductory service. You pay your carer each week directly for their services and also a weekly agency fee that is paid to Mumby’s.
Please call the office on 0800 505 3511 to find out our latest service fees or complete our enquiry form online.
Incidentals to consider
- Travel costs to and from the placement
- Double pay on Bank Holidays
- Reasonable allowance for food for the carer