Parkinsons Care at Home
Flexible live-in Parkinsons Care to support your loved one to live safely and independently in their own home.
With Parkinson’s being a progressive disease, our live-in care adapts to the changing needs of your loved one.
A skilled and highly-trained live-in carer can provide practical and emotional support that is tailored to your loved one’s needs. They can help to facilitate your loved one’s ability to cope with Parkinson’s disease in the early stages and as it progresses. As symptoms develop a live-in carer can help with your loved one’s daily living needs. These include assistance with light domestic duties, personal care and grooming, shopping and preparing healthy and nutritious meals, help with reading and mail, support for outings and mobility, and arrangement of medical appointments and medication.
Being able to stay at home is hugely beneficial to people suffering from Parkinson’s. Remaining in familiar surroundings that are close to family and friends reduces stress and helps to control the condition. In addition, keeping independent, enjoying favourite pastimes and making lifestyle choices can make an enormous difference to a Parkinson’s sufferer.
Benefits of live-in care for Parkinson’s sufferers
- A friendly, constant and trustworthy carer.
- Someone who knows, cares for and befriends your loved one.
- Flexible support as the disease progresses.
- Supportive of complex medication regimes.
- Carers help and share pastimes.
- Boosts confidence, happiness and wellbeing.
- Support with reduced mobility.
- Extra security and fall prevention measure in place at home.
- Reassurance for your family.
- Retains independence and familiarity of a home environment.
- An escort to social events and medical appointments.
- Help with daily tasks if needed including cleaning and housework, making meals, running errands or walking the dog.
- Care to suit your individual needs when you need it.
Why choose Mumby’s Parkinson’s live-in care
- Outstanding regulated care – rated Outstanding by the CQC.
- Specialists – Mumby’s specialise in Live-in care. We are experts and highly experienced in this type of care.
- 100% recommended – 100% of our clients who have reviewed us, say they are extremely likely to recommend us.
- First-rate carer training – all Mumby’s Parkinson’s carer staff receive outstanding and specialist care training in caring for Parkinson’s sufferers.
- Recruit and retain high-calibre staff – fully checked and professionally trained carer staff.
- Carefully matched carers and clients – to provide the best care.
- Family-run business – putting people first reverberates throughout Mumby’s. This ensures we provide high-quality and personal family care.
- Fully managed Parkinson’s care – we look after all the employment responsibilities of your carer. Also, we are highly responsive so you will never be left without the support of a live-in carer.
Parkinson’s care costs
Parkinson’s care needs vary from person to person. We conduct a thorough assessment of the level of Parkinson’s care you require, without obligation. With a full understanding of your requirements, we confirm an inclusive weekly fee. Our inclusive fees mean you won’t lose track of costs and they won’t escalate with add-ons.
Our friendly team are available for a chat to discuss your Parkinson’s care needs. Contact us to find out how Mumby’s can help you and your loved one.