Simply put live-in care enables you to continue living the life you choose in the safety and comfort of your home.
Live-in care is a viable alternative to going into a nursing home for most people. A professional and compassionate carer comes to live in your loved one’s home to provide 24/7 support and companionship. This extra assistance in their home means they can continue to live safely at home and enjoy their everyday activities. Having a Mumby’s live-in carer offers continued independence for your loved one and complete peace of mind for you and your family. There will always be someone there able to help out, prevent accidents or be on-hand should your loved one fall ill.
The option of live-in care is becoming an increasingly popular alternative to moving into a care home. When asked, most people say they want to stay in their homes when they get older and live-in care makes this possible.
Live-in care brings many additional benefits than just the practicalities. A live-in carer will become a friend who offers emotional support and who really thinks about what your loved one enjoys and helps make this happen. It could be preparing a favourite dish that your loved one hasn’t had for a long time, taking them out to choose things themselves, visiting new places, escorting to social events, helping with a puzzle or playing games, reading aloud together, playing and listening to music or watching TV together. Our warm carers build a wonderful relationship with your loved one and often are thought of as part of your family.
Costs of live-in care are comparable and great value for money and they can even be cheaper than a care home. When you consider the benefits of live-in care compared to being in a care home it is clear, and proven, that people do better when care is given at home.
The main features of live-in care
- Consistent one-to-one care and companionship
- In the familiarity and comfort of your home
- Flexible and personalised care plan with specialised care options
- Round-the-clock (24/7) for peace of mind
- A vetted carer you can trust
- Carer matched to your needs, personality and interests
- More affordable than you think
- A truly personal service
- Protects independence, dignity and choice
- Preserves family life and pet ownership
- Supports relationships and pastimes in your local community
- Gets the chores done
Who needs live-in care?
Mumby’s live-in care clients vary in their needs and requirements, such as those;
- Recovering from accidents, illnesses and surgery with short term medical conditions
- Who need assistance with daily activities i.e. bathing, dressing, toileting and feeding
- With family or friends that might require additional support or respite care.
To clients with more complex needs that require carers with specialist qualifications such as;
- Patients with chronic medical conditions requiring ongoing care and supervision such as diabetes, emphysema, hypertension and stroke
- Individuals in need of supervision due to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Patients with a terminal illness
Your alternative to a care home
Our live-in care support is an affordable alternative to feeling forced to go into a nursing or care home.
If living independently has become unsafe, is challenging or isolating then it may be time to consider a live-in carer. It is the perfect solution for those who wish to remain in the comfort of their own home where they are relaxed and can live independently. We encourage choice and respect the dignity of our clients, whilst being on hand to offer high-level professional support. Having care provided in your own home enables safety, feeling in control and above all remaining in a homely environment. Live-in carers work to the schedule of your home and understand the nature of the role. Support is provided for you and your carer with our phone line in operation 24/7.
The benefits of live-in care
There are obvious and more complex benefits to live-in care for both the client and their families including;