Strokes can cause a wide variety of problems. Your loved one’s recovery and rehabilitation is unique to them and will be easier if they receive stroke after care at home. Mumby’s one to one carers understand and are experienced in stroke recovery. They can help support your loved one’s needs for mild stroke care for a short period of time or long-term stroke care after a more severe stroke.
Live-in Care for Stroke Recovery
Here at Mumby’s we know that live-in care for stroke recovery has far reaching value for your loved one’s quality of life and rehabilitation following a stroke. Our fully managed and outstanding CQC rated service provides high quality stroke care in the safety and familiarity of your loved one’s own home. We work closely with the family and all healthcare professionals to develop a stroke care plan that suits your loved one’s needs.
A well-matched, flexible and trained one-to-one live-in carer from Mumby’s will offer motivational, emotional and compassionate support to help your loved one on their road to stroke recovery. They can sensitively offer assistance with:
- mobility such as getting around the home or venturing outside for trips or other social activities
- personal care for swallowing and continence problems if your loved one has a weakness along one side
- daily chores that may have become challenging due to cognitive problems
- talking and encouraging conversation to help recover speech
- psychological problems such as mood changes, anxiety and frustration.
Mumby’s offers peace of mind that your loved one is safe and professionally supported whilst continuing to live in their own homes.