Mumby’s Outstanding Live-in Care for Adults with Learning Disabilities
For care at home that supports independence, quality of life and daily functioning
Understanding Learning Disabilities
People with learning disabilities are all different. They have a diverse range of difficulties that present to lesser or greater degrees. These problems can include understanding complex information, learning new skills, coping independently, looking after themselves and integrating into society.
The term learning disabilities encompasses many conditions including familiar disorders such as autism and Down’s syndrome.
At Mumby’s we understand adults with learning disabilities and we care for them so they can live the life they want.
Personalised Home Support for Learning Disabilities
Mumby’s carers are fully trained and experienced to provide the highest quality of support and care to people with all types of learning disabilities.
Our live-in care support is tailored around the strengths, abilities, personal interests and life aspirations of the person with learning disabilities. A Mumby’s live-in carer provides the care they need to live a full and independent life in the comfort of their own home rather than in an institution or in group housing.
Live-in home carers are available 24 hours, 7 days a week and as a result, they can offer help and care whenever it is needed. We know that many people with learning disabilities do not like change. Therefore live-in care supports them by offering a reliable and constant companion who assists in the routines that they enjoy. Our carers and clients often develop a great friendship.
Live-in Care Services we Offer
Our live-in carers offer companionship, friendship and reassurance to adults with learning disabilities. We provide live-in support for an adult with learning disabilities to live independently at home. This can include help with:
- Learning how to manage finances including bills and pensions.
- Light domestic duties such as tidying, vacuuming, dusting and changing bedsheets.
- Food shopping, preparation and cooking, eating and drinking at regular times, and washing up.
- Working towards independence with personal care including washing, dressing, grooming, cleaning teeth and shaving.
- Preparing for work, job searches and interview coaching.
- Travel and training for independence.
- Staying healthy and doing exercise.
- Ordering prescriptions, managing medication and making appointments.
- Building social skills and developing friendships.
- New hobbies and activities and support joining in with them
Benefits of Live-in Care for Adults with Learning Disabilities
- The chance for an adult with learning disabilities to live in their own home.
- To enjoy the freedom of choice and independence that comes with living at home.
- Keep to familiar routines, a calm environment and minimal change, as opposed to fitting in with schedules, a busy setting and moving into a care home.
- Opportunities for one-to-one learning and support for growth and confidence.
- Socialising is natural and meaningful friendships are built between the carer and the adult with learning disabilities.
- Enjoy learning new things with their carer in a relaxed non-judgemental atmosphere.
- Friends and family can regularly visit as normal and the carer can help with travel to social activities.
- Assistance with daily tasks that may be difficult to complete.
- A watchful and caring eye on your loved one, offering reassurance for the family to relax and live their own life.
Why Choose Mumby’s Live-in Care for Adults with Learning Disabilities
- Outstanding regulated care – rated Outstanding by the CQC
- Specialists – Mumby’s specialise in Live-in care. We are highly experienced with expertise in this type of care.
- 100% recommended – 100% of our clients who have reviewed us, say they are extremely likely to recommend us.
- First-rate training – all Mumby’s carer staff receive outstanding and specialist care training that includes living with adults who have learning disabilities.
- Recruit and retain high-calibre staff – fully checked and professionally trained carer staff.
- Carefully matched carers and clients – to provide the best care for your loved one.
- Family-run – we look after your family as if they are our own. Care is of high quality and tailored to their needs.
- Fully managed live-in care – our team look after all the employment responsibilities of the carer. In addition, we are highly responsive so you will never be left without the support of a live-in carer.
Cost of Live-in Care for Adults with Learning Disabilities
At Mumby’s the weekly cost of live-in care for adults with learning disabilities is based on their individual needs. We conduct a thorough assessment of the care support they require, without obligation. Subsequently, we will confirm an inclusive weekly fee without any add-ons for extra services.
In the South East of England, the cost of live-in care is typically comparable to or sometimes cheaper than a residential home. However, often much of a care home’s fees are for hotel-type services such as accommodation, food, water and amenities. With live-in care, on the other hand, the cost of care goes directly on the 1:1 care service and support your loved one needs.
Respite Care for Families with Learning Disabled Dependents
Mumby’s also offers respite care to allow the primary carer to have rest and some time to themselves. We understand that as a carer of someone who has a learning disability, your commitments can become overwhelming, and you need some time to look after yourself.
We offer round the clock short-term respite care to support your loved one with learning disabilities.
Our live-in carers can support adults with learning disabilities as they transition to adult care services. They provide the assistance needed to live independently.
We will help, teach and encourage your loved one with learning disabilities. Our carers support their development, social and communication skills and any organisational, emotional or personal difficulties.